Retail revolution is coming. We are the builders of this future.
The private market, or investment instruments that are not traded on public exchanges, was historically reserved for corporations and wealthy individuals. Private equity, venture capital, debt financing, and lending are some examples of the private market. Private market assets are proven to result in better returns on investments for private investors for decades.
However, making an investment in a private market transaction has been restricted to larger, institutional, professional investors who are capable of injecting a large quantum of capital into a transaction. Hence, retail investors, the public, don't have access to venture-scale returns on their investments as their access is limited to public markets such as the stock market and today's CEX space. On the other hand, private companies issue private ownership materials such as equities or debts to access financing, which is often injected by only private investors.
Thanks to Web3, tokenization enabled a trustless, fast, and efficient way of pooling capital together for investors to leverage the power of collectivity to access private assets. Simultaneously, Web3 enabled private companies to issue tokens that represent ownership in the network, creating a new financing instrument for them to access capital and liquidity. However, even though Web3 helped to lower barriers, retail investors have again been restricted to access a democratized, seamless, and secure way of deploying capital across private tokens. Moreover, token issuers, aka "Web3 projects", have also suffered from the high costs of issuing tokens and accessing capital and liquidity.
Hence, an efficient, democratized, seamless and secure financing platform is needed for both retail investors and Web3 projects.
Introducing OpenPad, a tokenized financing platform that enables Web3 protocols to raise capital and liquidity via SAFT-based liquidity vaults, IDOs, and secondary token offerings with automated token management and insurance features. OpenPad builds DeFi liquidity infrastructures for Web3 protocols to issue vaults, tokens, and bonds to attract capital from the public.
Token issuers -- DeFi protocols, Web3 games, DAOs, and other initiatives -- have three phases of their token development: pre-launch, launch, and post-launch. Each phase requires a specialized, structured, and efficient financing instrument that enables Web3 projects to access funding. Respectively, OpenPad builds three Web3 financing tools to meet these requirements: Liquidity Vaults, Initial Token Offerings, and Follow-on Token Offerings.
- Liquidity Vaults (LV): LVs are financing contracts that enable pre-launch Web3 projects to issue vaults and access to the locked liquidity for their future tokens. At this stage, Web3 projects seek liquidity financing on the premise of future tokens and are entitled to lock-up terms with pre-defined deal terms.
- Initial Token Offerings (ITO): ITOs are financing and token launch tools for launch-stage Web3 projects to issue tokens, conduct initial offerings, and create a secondary trading market. ITOs cover initial decentralized exchange offerings and are similar to Web3 launchpads.
- Follow-on Token Offerings (FTO): FTO is a bonding-based financing tool for post-launch Web3 projects, enabling them to issue bonds for their publicly-traded tokens and offer structured discounts to access capital and liquidity.
Regardless of the financing types, OpenPad builds multi-chain investment infrastructure that promotes seamless investment flow, as low as $1 entry barriers, vetted and regulation-friendly deals, and automated portfolio tracking.
FIF is Web3-native and the first purpose-built insurance coverage for liquidity insolvencies, rugs, and smart contract vulnerabilities. The first coverage is liquidity insolvencies, liquidity risk events possibly occurring due to insufficient or poor liquidity in DEXes so that MEV bots can attack, and liquidity drains by third parties. The second coverage is rugs, a malfunctioning of protocol or team, causing significant market downturns. The final coverage is smart contract vulnerabilities, unauthorized, malicious, criminal attacks, hacks, or exploits of any malfunction or programming flaw.
We built the OpenPad Credit Token ($OCT) as a premium token that represents 1 $USDT on the platform that enables direct allocation rights without staking OPN tokens so that experienced investors can optimize their portfolio's financials and risk more predictable.
OpenPad offers staking vaults that earn auto-compounded $OPN staking yields without extra effort, creating an exponential passive income. Staking rewards are automatically harvested back into the staking vault once a day, creating a compounded yield. For example, the auto-compound strategy maximizes the yield by automatically transforming 100% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) into 171% APY without user input.
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it; he who doesn't, pays it” - Albert Einstein
OpenPad offers a frictionless user flow for seamless participation.
- 1.KYC: Sign-up and complete your one-time KYC (identity verification.
- 2.Stake $OPN or Purchase $OCT Credits: Stake at least $1 worth of $OPN or purchase in-platform stablecoin credits ($OCTs) to qualify for guaranteed allocation.
- 3.Register: Register deals by clicking one button within registration periods as an indication of your investment.
- 4.Invest: Invest in a Web3 startup of your choice at your risk.
- 5.Claim: Receive your tokens and track the performance of your investments on the all-in-one portfolio page.
In stage 4, to ensure a fair, efficient, and equitable token distribution, OpenPad has a 2-round much-simplified, and law-abiding investment flow. The first round is the "Staking Round". In the staking round,
- 100% of the tokens are open for $OPN stakers or $OCT buyers between defined time slots.
- Every $OPN staker and $OCT buyer is 100% guaranteed to get an allocation in token sales.
- There are no platform fees in this round.
- Moreover, investors can qualify for airdrops and insurance funds.
The allocation policy is both token and time-based: "The more & longer you stake $OPN, the larger your allocation." After the staking round, if there are still unpurchased tokens, the public round will be open and operate based on a first-come-first-serve basis to investors with a 5% fee. Note that KYC is still needed, and investors can be entitled to individual investment caps.
OpenPad employs a dual-token economic model: OPN and OCT. Each token has its own utility and functionality in the ecosystem. OPN is a utility and stake-to-access token. However, OCT is like an in-protocol stablecoin (it's not a stablecoin), representing 1 $USDT only usable in platform investments.
- OPN: OPN token is used for accessing deals and accumulating allocations. The allocation policy promotes long-term token growth, and the more and longer you stake OPN, the larger the allocation will be.
- OCT: OpenPad Credit Token (OCT) is a premium soulbond token that represents 1 USDT, only usable in investment deposits. For example, 5 OCT have direct and guaranteed access to invest $5 worth of tokens.
OpenPad's founding team consists of entrepreneurs, blockchain strategists, data scientists, blockchain engineers, software developers, visual artists, and lawyers, involved in many banking, finance, DeFi & Web3 projects, including mobile payments systems, launchpads, investment research, GameFi, & DAO.